My guess is you have the most amazing child. She is bright, bubbly creative and so smart. The world is her oyster and you know it!
She has a different picture of herself though, doesn’t she? She thinks she’s slow, stupid and definitely not as smart as her class mates. She can’t do her math homework and defeatism has set in. Once again, tears of frustration are flowing down her cheeks, she’s deflated & you’ve written yet another note to her teacher saying “we tried, but couldn’t get the work completed.”
“It’s okay honey – ‘we’re just not math people’” you say to make her feel better.
I can’t make it any more clear than this. Every person is a ‘math person’!
Every person. Adult or child. Male or female. Anyone can be excellent at math.
I Get it!
Right now, you’re struggling to help your child with her homework. She’s not learning math the same way you did. You have heard “that’s not how we do it at school” one too many times.
You have been left scratching your head feeling completely incompetent and at a loss in front of your daughter. You are your daughter’s ‘go-to’ person – for everything, but right now, when you offer her math help, it feels you just confuse her more.
It doesn’t feel good – but it doesn’t have to feel like this at all!
Kids are learning math in a different way – that’s for sure. But different doesn’t mean bad or wrong, it just means unfamiliar. Well, it’s time to put a stop to that!
I’m Niamh Juhl (you can call me NJ!) and I help proactive parents, who want to eliminate their children’s math struggles without having to make continuous and expensive trips to a tutor.
But what’s the alternative?
Work with me. I teach PARENTS how to tutor their own children by giving instruction in clear, easy to digest, self-paced chunks. You know the math – you just don’t know how to explain it. I will have you feel excited & confident about math again, and completely equipped to take on the role of ‘math tutor’ in your house.
When you work with me:
- You’ll feel like you’re chatting with a friend; (so be sure to bring a tea or coffee with you!).
- I’m a bit of a dork and a complete math & science nerd – so be prepared!
- You may be a little freaked out, because I will get inside your head, and with a little probing, find out where your math is at, where it needs to be, and how I can help get you there.
- There are few things that excite me more than making a ‘math action map’!
- I love mistakes – they mean we’re growing. I appreciate effort, not excuses.
- You will receive everything you need help to your child be as successful at math as we already know they can be.
- If you have the desire, work ethic and the BELIEF that your child can excel at math– I have the ability, to show you how you can help her achieve this!
Your child’s future is immensely bright. The world is most certainly their oyster. But remember, “No grit – no pearl”. To become good at math is a simple process – that is – it’s uncomplicated – but it’s not easy! It takes effort to become good at anything.
When we are done, you shall fully reclaim your family’s stolen, precious evenings. Time, you currently spend on homework battles and wiping tears of frustrations away, will once again be filled with activities that bring you, your child and family joy. They might even be math activities!
Know what Math Skills K-6 Students must master! Get Your FREE download!
What You Should Do Next, No Matter What!